For Oral Health Month, Consider Improving Your Health with Dental Implants-Sea Breeze Dentistry
Dental implant in Seaford Victoria, It is procedure surgical process that replaces the roots of damaged or missing teeth with metal and replaces the teeth with artificial ones. The artificial teeth work just like the real ones and this procedure can be useful if you have dentures or bridgework that does not fit well. The titanium in the dental implants fuses with your jawbone- this ensures that the implants would not slip, make noise or cause bone damage.
Dental implants might be beneficial if you want to improve your speech and your smile and are unable or reluctant to wear dentures. A dental implant procedure might be your best shot if you have single or multiple missing teeth and are reluctant to wear dentures. At Seabreeze Dentistry, you will be provided with a free implant consult so that you get the best professionals to guide you in your emergency denture repair.
Points To Be Noted:
Before you go for an emergency denture repair we at Seabreeze will ensure a few things in mind while going for a dental implant. They are as follows:
The doctor ensures that you have the adequate bone structure to secure the implants or you will be able to have a bone graft.
You also need to have healthy oral tissues and do not have any health conditions that might affect your healing.
The Advantages of a Dental Implant in Seaford Victoria:
- A dental implant can really boost your confidence. An implanted tooth looks, and, more importantly, feels just like your own teeth. They are designed to fuse with your bone and hence become permanent.
- A dental implant can also increase your comfort level. A dental implant becomes a part of you and therefore relieves you from the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can work towards significantly improving your self-esteem and giving your smile back and making you feel better about yourself.
- If taken care of properly, implants last long for many years. They are extremely durable and many implants even last a lifetime.
- Dental implants are very convenient as they erase the need to remove the dentures in order to kill them and get rid of all the adhesives that are needed to keep your dentures in place.
The Procedure of a Dental Implant-
- The initial step that needs to be done before starting any dental implant process is to develop a customized treatment plan keeping in mind the needs of the individual concerned. At Seabreeze, you can get a free denture consult where the plan is developed by a group of experienced professionals who are experts in the field of oral surgery and restorative dentistry. The team will help you choose the implant option that will be the best for you.
- After the previous step is completed a tooth root implant is done. The tooth root is a small post that is made of titanium and is placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth. When the jawbone heals it grows around the implanted metal post and thus anchors it in the jaw.
- After the implant has been anchored to the jawbone, an abutment (a small connector post) is attached to the post so that it can securely hold the new tooth. Then your dentist will make impressions of your teeth and create a model of your bite which will capture all of your teeth, their type, and their arrangement in order to make the new tooth or teeth. The new tooth or teeth will be based on this model. After this process is completed a replacement tooth, called a crown, will then be attached to the abutment.
- Your dentist will also match the color of the implanted teeth to your natural teeth or you can even opt for an in-chair whitening. As the implant is secured within the jawbone, the replacement teeth look, feel, and function just like your own natural teeth would do.
Dental implant in Seaford Victoria, VIC, are a very effective treatment that can holistically work towards improving the quality of your life. Dental implants will be perfect if you want to get your smile back and avoid dentures.